Coins are smaller round medals with a diameter ranging between 30mm and 50mm (1.2″ and 2″).
Given their smaller size and lower unit price, custom bronze coins are more widely distributed than larger pieces.
- Custom bronze coins frequently have two sides, with logos and text on both of them.
- Their relief can be simple (2D) or sculptured (3D).
- Their plating options are quite large (gold, nickel, bronze, black nickel, antique silver, 2 tones – gold and nickel, etc.)
- Their face or their back can be coloured.
- The minimum order for a custom bronze coins creation is 50 pieces to create a coin.
Custom bronze coins come in acrylic bags, acrylic boxes, velvet pouches or plastics boxes.
- 1 – Transparent acrylic box.
- 2 – Blue velvet pouch.
- 3 – Blue plastics jewelery box.
Reduction of a Large Medal
For clients who have already created a large stamped round medal (73mm / 2.9″ diameter or more), the reduction of their piece to a smaller diameter – usually 50 or 35mm / 2″ or 1.4″ – can be achieved at an attractive low tooling cost.
This is accomplished by using a machine called “Tour à réduire” (reducing lathe) which automatically copies and reduces the stamping die of their large medal to a smaller size.
Customized Gifts with Coins
35mm diameter coins (or medals), our standard size for customizing a wide range of key chains and gifts, deserve a special consideration. The different possibilities are presented both in the “Key Chains & Purse Hangers” and the “Customized Gifts” sections of this website.
The minimum 100-piece order for those medals can be split among the different customized gifts and key chains available.